Thanks For The Visit !
I have started preparing for my Private Pilot License. The BIG STEP!!! Yep, out of the computer and into the skies! To help me prepare and qualify for the Private Pilot Knowledge Test that the FAA will administer, I contacted King Schools, a very well known flying school, and inquired about their Private Pilot Knowledge Course. Now, I'd just like to emphasize here, that when they say that they will do eveything they can to reach out to all those who want to be pilots, they're not just "spinning your prop"! King Schools graciously allowed me to have the course for review, so that all of you out there may get a bit more info on their course and what they have to offer! What you'll see here in the next few days is the beginning of a review, not only on the Private Pilot Knowledge Course, but a review of my performance as well, as I progress through the course. I'll post these updated reviews as mini tutorials, writing about what I have learned. So, I had better do well, because my backside is hangin' out in the wind on this one! With this course however, I know that I'll do just fine, for these folks have put together a great way to learn! Following is a little bit of information on the King's and their outstanding school:
The company, which is now the worldís leading producer of aviation training videos and computer software, was established in 1974 when John and Martha began flying throughout the country to teach ground school courses. In 1984 they began producing video courses in a spare room of their house.
Today, King Schools has over 70 employees operating from an 18,000 sq. ft. complex housing a dedicated TV production and duplication facility. In the last 10 years the firm has delivered more than two and a half million videos with over 4 million hours of video instruction, teaching up to one-half of the instrument students and over one-third of all pilots in the U.S. obtaining training.
They are keenly aware of the importance of the work that they do. During the time someone is learning to fly, flying is the most important thing in his or her life. King Schools feel privileged to play such a significant role in the lives of such committed individuals. King Schools take pride in producing quality work for these special people.
KINGís Private Pilot Exam Course is the industry standard. The perfect combination of solid facts and light humor, presented with KINGís winning strategy, all designed to:
* Ensure success based on understanding
* Simplify complex concepts
* Guarantee the material stays with you longer
* Solve problems right on-screen
* Transform even the dullest subject matter into fun with unique exploded ďmonsterĒ graphics and 3-D animation
* Put you in the cockpit and in the air with exciting live-action video
Learn Fast and Have Fun:
* Learn with hundreds of bite-sized, full-screen video segments
* Reinforce your learning with actual FAA test questions after each segment
* View all of the graphs or charts right on your computer screen
* Choose full video or text explanations ... or both
* Retake missed questions automatically
* See your progress continuously with automatic tracking
* Assess your strengths and weaknesses with intuitive reports and charts
* Review FAA questions by subject area, FAA knowledge code, questions missed, questions not yet answered, or in
* Type in any word and find all FAA questions available containing that word
Your Computer-based Interactive Videoô DVD Exam Course Includes:
* Exam course (9 DVDs)
* Every FAA question and answer available
* Unlimited random practice tests
* KING coursebook with detailed notes
* Sign-off form for FAA knowledge test
* Personalized graduation certificate suitable for framing
* Plus bonus FAR/AIM disc
Watch this site in the next few days, and I'll have the first "review" out for you!
For more information on the Private Pilote Knowledge Course visit: www.kingschools.com
King School's Private Pilot Knowledge Test Course
Farmboyzim's Flight Sim's